Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Keep your fork...

I heard a pastor give a sermon once on what to do when you seem to be facing adversity. He used the saying that I am sure most of us have heard when having a family meal once the main course is done. Someone will get up to clear the plates so that desert can be served, they say "Keep your fork". This lets you know that desert is on its way.

He went on to say that when you are having a rough time, keep your fork, because good things are coming. God has a plan to prosper and not to harm you.

So there are a few perks to not having a job to report to each day.
1. I don't have to shave everyday. I still do, but it is nice not to do it until later in the day.
2. No dress code. I have a couple pairs of camo-pants that are very comfortable, but would never be work appropriate. Its nice to be able to be comfortable.
3. Being able to ignore the 6am alarm. I still have it set, in case I feel motivated to get up when it goes off.
4. Staying up late. I am a night owl, and like being out at night.
5. Going along with #4, going for late night drives. Bring along some good music and just cruise around town with very little traffic.

You have to keep an eye out for the good things happening around you or you will find yourself wrapped up in darkness.

One thing that is a blessing of sorts is that one of my friends is a nurse with a 3 days on/4 day off schedule. So we have been hanging out. One can only apply for jobs so much each day, so we meet up for lunch or try to find something to watch on TV.

Along the lines of TV...I never really have watched too much tv, but I have realized there are not a lot of choices in day time televisions. My friends give me a hard time by asking for updates on the daily soaps.....No, I am not watching them.....I prefer The View. (NOT!)

On the job front, there are a couple of pots that are starting to warm up. Don't want to get my hopes up, but they are apparently really impressed with my resume and are willing to find a opening for me even though no job requisitions exist at the moment. Gonna keep praying for that and see what there is in store for me.


Thanks Everyone for reading and the comments. I am not good at commenting back, but I will try.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that things may be looking up for you. The old saying that comes to mind is "It's always darkest just before the dawn!".

    Hang in there, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, how are you doing? Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete